thomasmancini

• New Neighbour
    • Mostra profilo
Help in Italy
« il: 24 Novembre 2009, 22:50:46 »
Hello people!

My tickets for the 3 italian concerts just arrived.

My most likely itinerary will be this:

lisboa > milão | 20/02 |
milão > roma | 23/02 |
roma > veneza | 25/02 |
veneza > roma | 27/02 |
roma > lisboa | 28/02 |

Is there anyone doing something like this?

I will stay at some hotel/hostel in these places, if someone wants to share a room with me im ok with it.

I will have some days of at milan, rome and venice. What places should i visit? I've been in Italy, but i was a child and i don't remember anything!  :redface

Thank you in advance!  :D

lazapp

• New Neighbour
    • Mostra profilo
Re: Help in Italy
« Risposta #1 il: 21 Febbraio 2010, 12:08:54 »
hey - that sure sounds like a fun trip!
see you tomorrow then

lazapp

• New Neighbour
    • Mostra profilo
« Risposta #2 il: 21 Febbraio 2010, 12:15:47 »
there is not much to see in Milan, except the center (Piazza Duomo and that neighbourhood)
if you'd wanted to see the Last Supper, you'd have had to book it in advance... otherwise no chance
but you can still give it a try on the official website
http://www.vivaticket.it/evento.php?id_evento=298097&op=cenacoloVinciano

I will keep my fingers crossed for you that the weather stays nice for your trip to Italy  :)

pagoda_5b

• Bartender
  • Still dancing with the Groogrux King!
    • Mostra profilo
    • MioSpizio
« Risposta #3 il: 22 Febbraio 2010, 09:00:19 »
Rome is full of things for you to see. Just reach downtown (Roma Centro). You can go to the Colosseum through the underground, "Colosseo" stop, along B line (the A and B line intersect anyway, so you can take whichever you need from your lodging).
From there you go along Via dei Fori Imperiali, to see ancient ruins of the roman empire, through to Piazza Venezia. Once there there are plenty of sites at your hand (or feet, should I say) to easily reach : Fontana di Trevi, Piazza di Spagna, Piazza Navona, Piazza del Popolo. All along Via del Corso (no watchtower, sorry  :mrgreen), there are lots of churches from any age, museums, exhibitions, and many shops too.
I'm sorry the weather won't be good at all...
Anyway I hope you'll have tons of fun.

Bye bye,
ciao!
So that’s my music. My music isn’t a complaint, oppression or an anger. Even if it’s lyrically about those things, the act of singing is an act of joy, an act of resistance to the urge to be brought down. So that’s what I think can be infectious. And then people can put the record on and go, “Oh, now I see, what they’re saying.” ~ Dave